In
this media project we’re focusing on horror movies. Well be looking at sounds,
the theories of horror films and the effects of horror. I like horror films because
I like to be scared and not knowing what will happen next. I like that each
horror can be different although sometimes it’s predictable. I like the idea of
how horrors get made which is why I picked media again as A2. I have only
recently been watching horror films because when I was younger I was really
scared of them. I was scared of monster and ghost which is why I never really
watched horror films. When I was around 8 I watched The Sixth Sense which I was
terrified of and since then I never really liked watching horror. As I grew
older more people my age wanted to watch horror so I went to my friend’s house
were all of us would have a movie night and watch horror films. This began to
be regular and I realised I wasn’t scared of horror films no more after looking
at the rest of my friends reactions. After discovering I was prone to horror
films I made it my mission to find a horror film that would scare me. I had
watched Annabelle, Conjuring, Sinister 1, Mama and Devil Due and still not satisfied
of how it was made so I thought going to the cinema would create the atmosphere
more scarier I watched Babadook, Ouija and realised I still wasn’t scared I
watched films online like poltergeist, Unfriended, The Ring and again not
scared I feel that because I know it’s not real I’m not scared but in theory I believe
that the horror films aren’t living up to their names no more they’re not scary
and there is no build up anymore. Recently I went to watch Sinister 2 so far
this is the best horror I’ve watched I think the way it’s set was perfect. The
sound work well and the storyline was scary and not unrealistic which is why I
probably felt scared.
No comments:
Post a Comment